Philosophy & Principles
Here at Unity Church of Truth we embrace the paradigm of being One with God and not the paradigm of separation that suggests that we are not”.
Unity is open-ended and growth-oriented with an emphasis on practicality, i.e., “Practical Christianity”
Unity’s teachings are not prearranged into a set system
No single interpretation of Unity’s concepts is seen as “the last word”
- We encourage people to regard themselves as “Truth Students”
- Unity “students” are taught to seek what “rings true” for them
- Unity “Truth Students” are urged to redefine and reformulate their beliefs throughout their lives
1. Our view of God.
2. Our relationship with God
3. Our view of ourselves and consciousness
- Our view of God is that there is only One Presence, only One Power and only One Intelligence. God is pure Goodness. God is Truth. Jesus said, “God is Spirit”, meaning that God is not human.
- Our relationship with God is cultivated by learning, understanding and living by Truth Principles. As Jesus said, “The Truth will set you free.” As Paul said, “We live, move and have our being in God”.
- Our view of ourselves is that every person has a dual nature, meaning that each one of us is both a spiritual being with a spiritual consciousness and a human being with a human consciousness. As Jesus taught, there is a Way to live in the world, and not be of it. God’s Spirit is in everyone.
Defines human beings as….
Physical entities who are divine by nature
Souls on an evolutionary journey
Capable of direct communication with God
What Unity Teaches
“Unity teaches three very simple ideas that no one will ever improve upon.
We teach that there is but one Presence and one Power in the universe, God, the Good, omnipotent.
We teach that every individual is a direct expression of this Presence and every individual has an unalterable relationship of oneness with this Presence.
Everything else that we teach is commentary on these ideas, instruction on how to rethink our individual experience based on these ideas, and how to deepen the awareness of our relationship of oneness with this Presence.