Unity’s Basic Views
1. Our view of God
2. Our view of the individual
3. Our view of the relationship between God and the individual
1. Our view of God can be summarized in our foundation statement: There is only one presence and one power in the universe, God the good, omnipotent. Though there are variations on this statement, the idea is that God the good is the only power at work.
2. Our view of the individual is that God the good is individualized as the central core of every person’s being. All the elements that God is are focalized as the essence of the individual.
3. Our view of the relationship between God and the individual is that of unity, oneness. There is no place where God leaves off and the individual begins.
Welcome, from the Minister
Hi! My name is James Sherman and I am the senior minister of Unity Church of Truth located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Whether you are a friend, visitor, or a guest to this site, you are most welcome.
We in Unity, see everyone’s life on earth, as a two-fold journey – human and spiritual.
When we first arrived in this 3-dimensional world on earth, as a baby, we knew nothing about ourselves, our parents, languages or location. Fortunately, we had a mind, a heart and body with the capacity to learn quickly. And, within a few short years we learned a lot, formed opinions and wanted to be bigger and older. When we were big enough and old enough, and wanting to manage our own lives, we went out into the world. Some of us left home in their teens, others later, but based on what we knew, our human journey was full of surprises. This was our human experience in a material world…
You are meant to live abundantly
You are meant to be whole and well
Divine wisdom is within you
Prayer & Meditation
You can connect directly to God
Life is Eternal
Your life began before birth and
continues after death
Frequently Asked Questions
What time are your Sunday services and Wednesday Classes?
During the Pandemic our Sunday services and Classes are online both “LIVE” and “RECORDED”
Meditation 10:30 am (15 minutes)
Service follows at 11:00 am
Meditation 10:30 am (15 minutes)
Class follows at 11:00 am
How long are your services?
Our services are usually around 60 minutes
Where are your Sunday services and Classes?
Sunday services and Classes are online until further notice.
Regularly 888 Lawrence Ave. East – Don Mills Public Library Auditorium
Where do I park?
Ample parking at the Library!
What happens at a service?
Prayer and guided meditation accompanied by music.
A ‘talk’ is given by Rev. James Sherman that is uplifting, provocative and inspirational offering many tools, principles and Truths to enrich your life.
What denomination are you?
Unity Church of Truth is multi-denominational. We embrace all spiritual teachings based on the teachings of Jesus.
The ideal of Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, co-founders of Unity over a century ago, was to provide a safe haven for persons of every age and condition who desire to dedicate time to their own spiritual growth.
To those seeking spiritual growth, Unity offers a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity. It is viewed as a movement in consciousness, rather than as a religion.
Unity is without creed or dogma, has no formal liturgy and recognizes no sacrament. Unity is where we ask questions and learn and transform.
We believe the answer to every challenge lies within each individual. Our emphasis is not on the demands of a personality, institution or religion…it is on spiritual transformation.
Our ministry represents diversity of race, color, gender, age, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical disability and sexual orientation.
What do I wear?
Unity is a welcoming place with a casual environment where you can come as you are. You can wear a suit and tie, but most people will be dressed more casually.
Feel free to approach any of our leaders with questions or concerns, as they are here to serve you.
Do you have a mid-week activity?
Yes. We have a Wednesday morning class beginning with a guided meditation at 10:30 am for 15 minutes followed by an 11:00 am Class which lasts for an hour.
How do I get involved?
There are many ways to connect with our Unity spiritual family.
To receive information about our offerings
- Fill out our Contact form with your email address below and send to us from our website
- Fill out a Contact form and place it in our Sunday offering basket when we meet in person
- Send us an email with your request and contact information email@example.com
- Telephone 416-487-3663 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and/or Friday
- We promise to send you a weekly email ‘newsletter’ of activities and events offered at Unity
- If you have any further questions, please contact our office by email at any time firstname.lastname@example.org
“Learn, grow, love, heal, laugh and pray…
Life is meant to be good!”
Unity Church of Truth, 20070-4865 Leslie St., North York, ON M2J 2K8
Regular Sunday Services and Wee Wisdom Location - Currently Online Broadcasting Only due to Covid
888 Lawrence Ave. East, Toronto, ON
(Don Mills Public Library) Auditorium