LOVE GOD…..LOVE PEOPLE
UNITY CHURCH OF TRUTH TORONTO MOTTO
MISSION: Building Loving, Creative and Purposeful Relationships.
When I devote my heart, mind and being to God, my love for God overflows and becomes love for people. Whenever I find that I am not loving people I ask myself how I am not loving God.
Prayer of Protection
The Light of God surrounds us
The Love of God enfolds us
The Power of God protects us
The Presence of God watches over us
Where ever we are, God is. Amen
CRITERIA FOR MEMBER STATUS
The Unity Church of Truth Member body holds the voting power of The Unity Church (Unity Church of Truth, Toronto). The body, thus, has the authority to determine the future of the MINISTRY and, of course, a corporate responsibility to protect the health and well being of the MINISTRY. A Member is elected by the BOARD OF TRUSTEES from the official MEMBERSHIP body of The Unity Church.
A congregant of The Unity Church, Toronto, may apply to become a Member upon meeting the following requirements:
(1) A minimum of two years as an active congregant of The Unity Church.
(2) A strong and steady record of attendance at Sunday services and classes, significant volunteer service and appropriate financial support, as indicated by Ministry records.
(1) Be at least 18 years of age.
(2) Agrees to act the best interests of this Ministry in terms of behaviours and attitudes in all matters relating to this Ministry.
(3) Agrees to inform the Minister or the Board of Trustees any information necessary to protect the well being of this Ministry, the people that attend and/or any property associated with the Church.
(4) Satisfactory completion of a course on the Bylaws of this Ministry.
(5) Conversant with Unity’s basic spiritual teachings and history.
(6) Participates in an interview regarding bylaws, Unity teachings and history.
• MEMBERS of Unity Church of Truth are entrusted with its health, prosperity, protection and promotion, inside and outside the Ministry.
• An active presence in a broad cross-section of Ministry activities is necessary to qualify MEMBERS to participate in elections and decision-processes.
• MEMBERS are expected to attend all ANNUAL and SPECIAL MEMBER MEETINGS at The Unity Church.
• Above all, MEMBERS must demonstrate a genuine love our Ministry, its spiritual purpose and its organizational objectives.
• MEMBERS are entitled to participate and vote at all ANNUAL and SPECIAL MEMBER MEETINGS at The Unity Church.
• MEMBERS may be considered for election to the Board of Trustees of this Ministry if they meet the CRITERIA FOR BOARD OF TRUSTEE STATUS (as established by the Board of Trustees and approved by the Member body).
CRITERIA FOR BOARD OF TRUSTEE/DIRECTOR STATUS
A TRUSTEE/DIRECTOR has the opportunity and responsibility to help direct the affairs of THE UNITY CHURCH (Unity Church of Truth) on behalf of the MEMBER BODY. The BOARD OF TRUSTEES/DIRECTORS meets regularly with the Minister to evaluate, discuss, plan, organize and support activities of this MINISTRY. The Bylaws define the structure, powers, operating requirements and functions of the Board of Trustees.
A MEMBER of The Unity Church, Toronto, may apply to become a TRUSTEE upon meeting the following requirements:
(1) A minimum of two years as an active MEMBER.
(2) Meet all requirements specified in Section 4.04 of the Bylaws.
(3) Agrees to report to the BOARD OF TRUSTEES and MINISTER any information necessary to protect the well being of this MINISTRY, people that attend or any property associated with it.
(4) Fully conversant with Unity’s basic spiritual teachings and history.
(5) Participates in an interview regarding bylaws, Unity teachings and history.
• A TRUSTEE/DIRECTOR of Unity Church of Truth acts with integrity and is entrusted to represent and promote the best interest of this Ministry at all times and in all places.
• A TRUSTEE/DIRECTOR is required to support the health, prosperity and safety of this MINISTRY.
• A TRUSTEE/DIRECTOR demonstrates an active presence, in a broad cross-section of MINISTRY activities.
• A TRUSTEE/DIRECTOR participates in decision-processes.
• A TRUSTEE/DIRECTOR must consistently demonstrate a genuine love for our MINISTRY, its spiritual purposes, support its MINISTERS and enthusiastically work toward all of its organizational objectives.